Published on October 18th, 2018 | by Clerk to Aynho PC0
Have your say on – SNC Local Plan Part 2
Please be aware that South Northamptonshire Council will be publishing the final version of its Local Plan Part 2, the Submission Regulation 19, for comment, from the 4th October 2018 to 12 noon on the 16th November 2018.
This is the final version of the Local Plan Part 2 the Regulation 19 Submission version. The document sets out key planning issues impacting the district and policies to be used on future planning applications.
The Plan covers:
- Policies for the scale and type of exceptions housing,
- Allocation of a number of new employment sites,
- Policies on town centres and economic development,
- Policies for community / leisure development,
- Designated Local green spaces and special landscape areas, and;
- Policies required to manage development in a sustainable way.
How to view the Plan and supporting documents:
The draft submission Local Plan and associated documents can be viewed on the Councils webpage at: www.southnorthants.gov.uk/consultation
This includes the Local Plan Part 2, Sustainability Appraisal, Habitat Regulation Assessment and links to the supporting evidence base. Reference copies of the documents are also available to view at the following locations:
- The Forum, Towcester
- Brackley Library
- Middleton Cheney library
- Roade library
- Deanshanger library
For library opening times please visit the library pages on the County Council’s website at www.northamptonshire.gov.uk. Upon request the document can also be made available in different formats.
How to comment on the documents:
There are a number of ways to make representations to the draft submission documents.
- Responding online: Our preference is for representations to be made online https://www.surveymonkey.co.uk/r/South_Northamptonshire_Local_Plan_reg19
- Emailing us the completed representation form on LocalPlanConsultation@southnorthants.gov.uk
You can download a representation form from our website to complete and return this can be found at www.southnorthants.gov.uk/consultation
However if you are unable to provide your comments using the Council’s website you can submit your completed response forms by post to the address below:
Planning Policy Team
South Northamptonshire Council,
It should be noted that comments submitted on the Plan and supporting documents need to be strictly made about legal compliance, the duty to co-operate and soundness. In order to understand more, it is recommended that you read the Planning Inspectorate document “Procedural Practice in the Examination of Local Plans” before completing the form
This explains what the Council is required to do in order for the Plan to be legally compliant, comply with the duty to co-operate and to be sound.
What happens next?
All of the comments on the legal compliance, the duty to co-operate and the tests of soundness will then be forwarded onto an Independent Inspector as part of the formal Examination. This is expected to take place in spring next year.
You can keep up-to-date with our progress by visiting the Councils website.
Representations may also be accompanied by a request to be notified at a specified address of any of the following:
- the submission of the local plan for independent examination under section 20 of the Act,
- the publication of the recommendations of the person appointed to carry out an independent examination of the local plan under section 20 of the Act, and
- the adoption of the local Plan.
Any questions please contact the planning policy team on 01327 322265.
Planning Policy and Growth Strategy Manager